Art of the Interview
(SMMW17 review from Michael O'Neal's session on the Art of the Interview)
This guy is one of the best at drawing out all the goods in an?interview. And, who else would open their SMMW17 session with drums, but my buddy Michael O?Neal? If you don't know who he is…he hosts the Solopreneur Hour, an audio podcast that he co-hosts with the best and brightest solopreneurs from all walks of life, including network marketing, internet marketing, music, fitness, actors, comedians, and more.?If you want to learn how the pros interview their guests you want to see this!
I recently attended Michael's workshop on the Art of the Interview at Social Media Marketing World hosted by Social Media Examiner in sunny San Diego. I wanted to share with you my Top 5 Takeaways from the training.
Here's my live review on Facebook:
5. Landing Amazing Guests
- Network – go to the events – get out of your shell & talk to people
- ASK – if you don't ask you will never get a YES! ASK – people will most likely say YES!?
4. Researching Your Guests
- Do your research – find out something that not everyone knows about them
- Don?t just repeat the same old stuff everyone knows about your guest
3. Have a pre-interview checklist
- Say hello to guest
- Mic check for you & your guest
- Applicable links written down so you can share them with your audience
- What are they promoting? Be sure to prompt your guests about what they have going on.?
2. Promote, promote, promote
- Ask your guests to do the same – they may or may not do it
- If you don?t ask them to share & promote they most likely won?t
1.?Art of the Introduction
- Talk about the person & what they?ve accomplished
- Build them up – Edify them!
- Don?t say their name – until the last 2 words before you bring them on the podcast, stage, live, etc
I hope these tips help you with your next interview whether it be in person, live online or audio only.
Be sure to check out & follow @solohour on all the socials – trust me – you won't regret it!
If you want more about the Art of the Interview go to Michael?s website Artoftheinterview.co
Go subscribe to his podcast – it's awesome – The Solopreneur Hour Podcast?- you may even find me on there if you look hard enough! 😉
Share this Post
Share this Post