Why Create Compelling Visual Content?

Share this Post

Why create compelling visual content? Sounds like a silly question right? You want compelling visual content because it connects with a consumer and makes them more willing to take action.

How do you make your content compelling? A great step is to make your content visually appealing. There are many reasons for this, but the main reason is when a consumer/customer first sees content, from that moment, there is only about three seconds to capture their attention. Three seconds is a very short time period to capture someone’s attention, this is why using visuals is imperative. Visuals are processed 60,000 times faster by the brain than text, therefore, if someone sees an image in those three short seconds it is more likely he/she will be intrigued to continue their perusal of your content. 90% of all information transmitted to the brain is visual; we are trained from a young age to learn from visuals, this leads to visual learners. 65% of the populations are visual learners, and the other 35% have varying degrees of visual impacts.

Since the majority of society learns, sees, and are informed by visuals, it makes sense that people are 40% more likely to share visual information rather than long essays or say an audio clip. Another reason to use visual items to share information is because people retain 80% of what they see, whereas we all know if you are told something you are more likely to forget the content. In fact, we only remember 10% of what we hear. Surprising enough, we only remember 20% of what we read, therefore it makes more sense to use visual content to make sure your material is remembered.

Here is an example, if you don’t believe me yet. Would you rather look at this and remember it…
Adventure Awaits You
Or would you remember this?
Adventure Awaits You!

There really isn’t any competition is there. The key take away is using visuals will make more of an impact to the viewer than audio or simple text.

About the Author

Erin Cell

Facebook Twitter Google+

Erin Cell, is the Founder & CEO of Socially Powered, LLC. I have been helping business owners “Power Up” their online presence since 2012. Socially Powered understands every business is unique & has different social media needs. We work together as a team to create & establish a social media strategy that works for your business.