Keys to Social Media Success
1. Stay Focused – Start out with a base strategy for your social media & keep your focus on achieving the goals you set out. If you are all over the place, followers will start to leave.
2. Be Consistent – If you are posting daily & then you don’t post anything for a week, people will get bored & stop following.
3. Be Polite – Common courtesy here people. You should not say anything online to someone that you wouldn’t say face-to-face.
4. Streamline your sharing – Share your content on various platforms; use social media management tools to help make this process easy. There are many tools out there to choose from. Choose wisely!
5. Don’t rely on automation – I mentioned using management tools, which are a great way to help save you time. However, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT rely solely on automation. People will know you aren’t being genuine. The point of social media is to be SOCIAL. So, be sure to engage with your fans & be yourself.
6. Don’t let it take over your work – Unless social media is your job, like it is for me, then you probably have other parts of your business that need more of your attention. Keep that in mind & don’t let it consume too much of your precious time.
7. Set goals & stick with them – As I mentioned before, you need a clear strategy before jumping into social media. Define your goals & what you would like to achieve from your social media efforts. If you are unsure, you want to consult with a social media consultant to help you determine what will work best for your business.
Good luck & here is a 1-page sheet to guide you: